We have recently held our annual Focus on Melanoma Healthcare Professional meeting organised by Professor Rowan Pritchard-Jones at the Royal College of Physicians. The atmosphere was once again buzzing as we were joined by our brilliant national and international speakers. A big thank you to this year’s meeting organiser, Professor Rowan Pritchard-Jones, and to our sponsors, chairs, speakers, trustees, team and the Royal College of Physicians for making this year’s meeting possible.
Throughout the day we heard from our fantastic speakers, who covered the following topics:
- Neoadjuvant treatment – Medical & Surgical Collaboration
- High risk primary disease and options beyond the obvious
- Panel Discussion: Does SLNB remain a meaningful staging procedure?
- Case base discussions: Locally Advanced Disease
The Martin Gore CBE Memorial Lecture was delivered by the eminent Professor Charles Balch and covered ‘How treatments have changed and continued to Multidisciplinary Management of Melanoma: Past, Present, and Future.
We have so far received great feedback about this year’s meeting:
- 99% rated the scientific programme as excellent or good (81% excellent)
- 99% stated that the meeting would definitely or possibly impact on their future practice (71% definitely)
- 100% said they would definitely or possibly recommend the meeting to their colleagues (99% definitely)
The Virtual Melanoma Focus Regional Meeting organised by Dr Ricky Frazer will be held on Friday 17th May 2024. Please keep an eye out for future newsletters, emails and on our website for more updates. We hope that by organising both virtual and a face to face educational meetings, we will be able to invite more of the melanoma community to our events.
To access details of this year’s meeting programme, speakers and chairs, click here.