The Helpline Nurses work in the UK’s main melanoma hospitals and are qualified in skin cancer care. They are experienced in talking to patients with melanoma and are expert in providing information and support for patients and those who care for them. They would be pleased to assist anyone who has a question or concern about melanoma.
- We provide information, support and guidance about melanoma. This is not intended to be a substitute for professional care: you should consult your doctor if you have, or suspect you have, a health problem.
- If you are contacting us on behalf of someone else, please make this clear. It is best if you can put us in direct touch with the person concerned.
- We aim to get back to you as soon as possible, but this may take up to 3 working days if over a bank holiday.
- This is a service for people resident in the UK with questions or concerns about melanoma; we are not able to deal with queries from people outside the UK or from students researching the disease.
- Confidential freephone numbers do not appear on a caller’s phone records.
Please note: The Melanoma Helpline nurses cannot diagnose melanoma on the phone or via a photograph. For information about how to take a good photograph if requested to by your GP see our teledermatology page.