Melanoma Focus are proud to announce that we have been awarded PIF TICK accreditation. The PIF TICK is the UK wide quality mark for trusted health information, achieving this official certification demonstrates our commitment to the provision of high-quality health information.
To become an accredited ‘Trusted Information Creator’, an organisation must show that their health information meets the following 10 criteria of trustworthy information:
- Systems: Information is created using a consistent and documented process.
- Training: Staff receive ongoing training and support.
- Need: Resources meet a genuine need.
- Evidence: Information is based on reliable, up-to-date evidence which is communicated clearly.
- Involving users: Users are involved in the development of information.
- Health inequalities: Information is written to meet health and digital literacy, language and accessibility needs of the target audience.
- Content and design: Information is clearly communicated, easy to access and navigate.
- Feedback: There is a clear process for users to provide feedback.
- Disseminating: Information is promoted to maximise reach.
- Impact: The impact of information is measured.
This means you can be assured that what you are reading, watching or listening to is evidence-based, understandable, jargon-free, up-to-date and produced to the best possible standard.
In July 2021, a public website, www.piftick.org.uk, was launched to raise awareness of PIF TICK accredited members and help people find trusted health information.
We are always pleased to received feedback about any of our patient information via email@example.com